Harborside San Francisco
Harborside was founded by industry veterans and cannabis activists Steve DeAngelo and dress wedding. It was originally established as a non-profit patient collective in Oakland called Harborside Health Center in 2006.
Harborside was the first medical cannabis dispensary to introduce lab testing in the early days of the industry. In 2018, our Oakland dispensary made national news as the first retailer to make a legal sale of adult recreational cannabis.
Today, the Harborside San Francisco dispensary is a minority owned business that partners with equity brands and feature local businesses in the industry. We make regular contributions to the Last Prisoner Project, the cannabis reform nonprofit committed to social justice, education, and policy change. In 2021, we sponsored California’s first legal ‘sesh’ called MarketDaze. We also offer programs like Cannabis Concierge to help customers choose the cannabis products that are right for them — ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Grand Opening Event Recap
The new Harborside San Francisco shop on Stanyan Street opened May 21st.
Thank you to everyone who came out and celebrated at our San Francisco Grand Opening event! We would not be here if it was not for your constant support. We had VIP goodie bags for those who stopped by, brand activations, a VIP area, and a limited-edition Jeremy Fish tees available (if you don’t already know, he is a local San Francisco artist, blending of all things creepy, and cute…)
If you have not stopped in yet, we hope to see you soon! And if you have, we can’t wait to see you again.
If you’re not already familiar with Harborside, you’ll want to be: We’re pretty famous for having the best curation of California cannabis products from the most respected and trusted growers and makers. We’re in the process of building a legacy and we’re powered by people who are passionate about this special plant, and all the medicine and magic that it brings.
Best Cannabis Products
In the mood to make a shopping list? Bookmark these:
- Urbn Leaf Flower: The Feel Good Fam is uncompromising when it comes to their flower (that’s why we get along so well!) If you haven’t tried any of Urbn Leaf’s premium cannabis before, you need to scoop up some of our sister shops’ best. We’ll have quite the selection ready to go on our shelves.
- Harborside Flower: You know those commercials about happy cows coming from California? Well Harborside’s bud is like that, but for cannabis. Grown clean in the west coast sunshine, all our flower is thoughtfully crafted to be top shelf with practices that seek to set the standard for the farm of the future. You’ll taste and feel the care in every puff.
- Sublime Fuzzies: Perpetually popular, famously potent, and always smooth and tasty. Sublime Fuzzies are the perfect grab and go infused pre-roll for an unforgettable adventure.
- Smokiez: If you love fruit-tastic flavors that pack the medicated punch of high clarity cannabis distillate and live resin… well, your new BFF is Smokiez Gummies and their new Smokiez Live Resin Fruit Chews. Bonus: They’re vegan, vegan gluten free.
- King Pen: King Pen’s vape carts and Kingrolls in all your favorite, award-winning strains. All you have to do is choose your experience.
Where to visit in San Francisco after Harborside?
So after rubbing elbows with your new neighborhood budtenders and stocking up on Harborside’s top-tier flower, concentrates, and edibles… wondering what’s next? Head to one (or all) of these spots.
Free Gold Watch
Nope, it’s not actually a free gold watch…just a clever name for an arcade that’s home to some amazing pinball machines. Whether you just get a kick out of playing or are really into getting your hands on some vintage games (think a 1992 Addams Family and a 1989 Black Knight), you’ll definitely enjoy an hour or two here. There’s also all your standard arcade fare: Whac-A-Mole, Ms. Pac-Man, and lots more.
Find your way:
Free Gold Watch, 1767 Waller St., San Francisco, CA 94117
Follow the retro, neon-pink lights to this shop around the corner from Harborside SF on Haight Street. Housed in a former bowling alley on Haight Street, this spot has been the local destination for music and movies since it opened in 1997. Known for it’s breadth and depth of vinyl, grab an LP or two to set the mood when you get home. Note: Everything from Steely Dan to Kendrick Lamar pairs well with any of our strains.
Find your way:
Amoeba Music, 1855 Haight St., San Francisco, CA 94117
Golden Gate Park
Fun fact: This park is the third most visited park in the entire US. You’ll see why once you drop by. Get your chill on with an iconic backdrop at Hippie Hill or catch music at the Beach Chalet from 11am-2pm every weekend. There’s a ton more to do—find a fairytale-like scene full of 2,000 species on display at the Conservatory of Flowers, hit up the aquarium, or take a spin on the vintage carousel that’s more than 100 years old.
Find your way:
Prep for the day by finding the right map here
Waller Street Skatepark
Marble ledges. Quarter pipes. Metal coping. The gang’s all here and conveniently right across the street from the Harborside shop. Bring your board and spend the afternoon perfecting your kickflip or take in the action from the sidelines.
Find your way:
Waller Street Skatepark, 751 Stanyan Street, San Francisco, CA 94117
Haight & Ashbury
Haigh-Ashbury was the epicenter of the 1967’s Summer of Love. Today, you can stroll the bustling neighborhood and you’ll get your fill of gorgeous Victorian homes, including the historic home of the Grateful Dead, and offbeat boutiques. The intersection of Haight & Ashbury is home to a clock permanently set to 4:20, so good photo opportunity with your new stash, perhaps? (Don’t forget to tag us!)
Find your way:
Start at the intersection of Haight and Ashbury