Harborside and its operating groups, subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively the “Company” or “we”) are committed to complying with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”). The CCPA requires companies to inform consumers about the personal information they collect and share, and gives them a right to access their information, to request deletion of their information, and to opt-out of having their information sold.
The collection of a job applicant’s personal information is currently outside of the scope of the CCPA requirements, except that applicants have the right to know, at or before the point of collection, the categories of personal information to be collected and the purposes for which the categories of personal information will be used.
This Privacy Notice applies only to job applicants who are residents of the State of California
Collection of your Personal Information
In each case as permitted by applicable law, we may collect the following categories of personal information for the purposes described below:
· Personal identifiers, such as your name, preferred name, signature, postal address, telephone number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, date of birth, and other similar identifiers.
· Protected characteristics, such as minority, veteran and disability status, through voluntary self-disclosure. (Such information will only be collected as permitted by applicable law and will not be used to make hiring decisions.)
· Internet or other similar network activity information, such as your IP address, log-in information or information regarding your interaction with a website, application or advertisement.
· Geolocation Data, such as IP addresses from which we can determine your general location.
· Sensory data, such as audio and visual information, for example if you use video interviewing as part of the application process. If you visit our facilities, your entry and exit may be monitored by CCTV.
· Professional or employment-related information, such as your work history, references, information about skills and abilities, accomplishments and awards, training and development information, performance evaluation information, and employment termination information.
· Education information, such as your education history, education records (such as grades, transcripts and class lists), and other information included in your resume or cover letter.
· Inferences drawn from other personal information, such as a profile reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect personal information you voluntarily provide to us when you apply for a job or otherwise contact us in the recruitment context. If you are visiting our website or online job application, we may also automatically collect device information such as IP addresses and device identifiers.
We may also combine personal information collected from other sources with the personal information that you provide to us. For example, we may collect information from:
• Prior employers (e.g., for references)
• Professional references you provide to us
• Educational institutions
• Pre-employment screening services (as permitted by applicable law)
• Credentialing and licensing organizations
• Publicly available sources such as your social media profile (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook) and other sources as directed by you
Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information
Use of Personal Information
We use the categories of personal information listed above for the following purposes:
• Process and manage your application: We use your personal information to process your job application, establish a job applicant profile for the recruitment process, assess your qualifications for a specific role with us, schedule, and conduct interviews, communicate with you, and carry out background and reference checks. Additionally, if you are offered a position with us, we may use your personal information in the employee on-boarding process.
• Conduct reference and background checks (as permitted by applicable law): We use personal information we collect to conduct reference checks and to evaluate your qualifications and experience. We may also conduct background checks (as authorized by you and permitted by applicable law).
· Record-keeping: We keep records of your personal information as required by law and in accordance with our record retention policies.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share your personal information internally as necessary for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, including with our personnel involved in the hiring process. We may also share your personal information with the following parties:
• Affiliates: We may share your personal information with our affiliates.
• Service Providers: We use service providers to operate, host and facilitate our hiring and recruitment process. These include hosting, technology and communication providers; security and fraud prevention consultants; analytics providers; background and reference check screening services; and hiring process management tools.
• Government authorities and law enforcement: In certain rare situations, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements or in response to court orders or subpoenas for production of business records.
• Business transfers: Your personal information may be transferred to a third party if we undergo a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other transaction in which that third party assumes control of our business (in whole or in part).
Job applicants with disabilities may access this notice in an alternative format by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org